Monday, October 4, 2010

my wonderful grandmother


ainsley and i were lucky enough to travel to utah a few weeks ago to visit with friends and family. the main point of our journey was to visit with my dad's parents - nani and gumpa. we knew nani was having some health issues and we wanted to make sure she was able to meet her little great granddaughter.
i think it is safe to say they adored each other immediately.
ainsley is usually pretty shy at first, but she just took right to nani. she loved playing hide and seek with her and i had to keep her from running back to see nani while she slept.

my grandmother passed away yesterday. she was blessed to have all her children by her side. i'm so grateful to have so many wonderful memories of her. she was a great example to me and was always so loving and thoughtful.
i know she meant well in giving me those poofy black dresses i had to wear to church.

i love you nani.


No comments: